The best Montana RV LLC package in the West
What does our Montana LLC package include?
- DMV fees? To check!
- Montana LLC formation fees? Oh yes.
- Registered Agent Service Fee? You assume.
Montana is a great place to license your RV, RV, Travel Trailer, Truck, Car, Transport Trailer, Plane, Boat, Motorcycle, Adventure Van, Party Bus... whatever you want. Why? Because Montana does not collect sales tax. This is especially great if you are traveling full time. Do you live this #vanlife? You can form a national Montana LLC with our address and hold your vehicles and assets with the Montana LLC. This means that you don't really need a "home". Your Montana LLC will be a "resident" of Montana, which will give you the right to register your mobile home here in Montana.
Another plus: we are located in Flathead County. Flathead County is the best county for vehicle registration as it does not collect excise taxes. Almost every second county in Montana does. Because you are a registered agent, we save your money on all fronts. Few other registered agent companies can promise that.
How to Use a Montana LLC to Buy a Tax Free Trailer
You must "live" in Montana to register your RV here. So over the decades, many seasoned RV owners have formed Montana LLCs. When a Montana LLC is formed, it is a resident of the state and can own and register vehicles here in MT. You control the LLC, the LLC owns the RV. Here's the process for using a Montana LLC to purchase a tax-free RV:
- Form a limited liability company in Montana.
- Buy an RV in the name of your new MT LLC and using your registered agent address.
- Submit the RV Purchase Documentation to Montana LLC Service Provider.
- Ask the service company MT LLC to register the RV and send back the registration certificate and license plate.
- Keep an agent registered with MT.
- Submit a $20 annual report to MT SOS every April 15th.
- Pay the DMV directly online and your registration will be renewed annually, or pay your MT LLC provider to do it for you.
- You can always buy tow vehicles, scooters or trade in your RV for a new one at MT LLC.
Get started with your Tax Free LLC RV
What is the best address for a Montana RV LLC?
Not all addresses for sale are created equal. Let's take a look at our competition, for example. Type any address into Google and look at the Street View option. You can see real buildings. You'll see virtual offices in Helena, malls in Missoula, and homes in the outback. Or you can meet with attorneys across the state who give the address of a relative or random person in Flathead County for lower rates. We see our competitors' Craigslist ads all the time looking for people in Flathead County to share their addresses with them. So you pay professionals over $1,000 and get an address found on Craigslist? Sounds like a bad deal to us.
Here's what we do: We are a commercial location, we own our own building and specialize in Montana RV LLC companies. When forming an LLC in Montana, it is worth considering legality. The whole theory is that you start a company in Montana. A Montana Company (LLC) owns an asset such as an RV or vehicle. Since Montana does not levy commercial real estate tax on licensed assets, you pay no sales tax, only a license fee. Do you think your Montana LLC should be at a home address, in a one-bedroom apartment in a large downtown building, or in a mall?
There are many sites that "specialize" in Montana LLCs for holding companies charging much more than we do. you can go toGoogle Maps street view searchand type in the provided address to see the real picture of what the address looks like. Just click on the "street view" option. Google has traveled all over our country and roamed the streets taking pictures of virtually everything. While this is irritatingly intrusive to our privacy, it offers a valuable tool that allows you to see who you're dealing with very quickly. So if you are forming a legitimate Montana LLC to purchase vehicles and trailers, use a commercial building.
Many websites are parallel businesses where users provide the home address of their Montana RV LLC-eulawyers who work full time but give their home address here and there to form an LLC. Are you forming a Montana LLC and using a residential address? It just doesn't make much sense to us, and frankly, we think it's an affront to our profession. We are a business services company in Montana. It's all we do, every day, EVERY DAY. We form LLCs and Montana corporations and act as registered agents. We won't work anywhere else and we have side business sites ranging from Montana LLC to Montana RV LLC.
How much does it cost to form an MT LLC for an RV?
Your initial cost if you use us is$849 total*, i toincludes DMV feesand that's all. This includes the formation of an MT LLC in1 Day. Includes custom organizational elements created specifically for RV buyers. It also includes resolutions, operating agreement, membership certificates and DMV fees.
We're typically faster than all of our competitors in terms of response time - and we're also cheaper.
* Main invoices for owners of electric, plug-in or luxury vehicles:
- Effective July 1, 2023, the state legislature for electric vehicles and plug-in hybrid vehicles will add a new tax on electricity ranging from $70 to $1,100. The amount of tax depends on the type of vehicle (electricLubtiller) as well as the weight of the vehicle (broken down into 4 "classes" of vehicles based on total weight).
- Our rate does not include the new Montana luxury tax levied by the state on RVs and RVs with a suggested retail price of $300,000 or more.
How much will it cost to maintain a Montana-registered RV?
We only charge $49/year for being a registered agent - MUCH less than most others. All LLCs must have a registered agent, which is why we run the company.
- You will owe the MT Secretary of State $20 every April 15 - we will send you direct payment reminders. We can also file a claim on your behalf for $50 plus state fee.
- You will pay directly to the DMV every year as usual after your registration expires. OR, if you want us to do it for you, we charge a $100 renewal fee plus DMV fees. We have received your renewal notice, scanned it and emailed it to you with payment instructions directly online or asking us to do it on your behalf.
DMV Flathead Renewal Rates for Motorhomes and Trailers
|0-2 lata||320,00 USD|
|2-5 lat||224,25 USD|
|5-9 lat||132,50 USD|
|8-11 lat||97,50 USD|
|11+ lat||$237.50 for a permanent plate|
Get a 1-Day MT RV LLC
Benefits of using a Montana LLC to own a trailer:
- remain anonymous. When you hire us to form a Montana LLC, your name is not made publicly available.
- Keep your license plate information private. Anyone can check the registration number and get the address where the vehicle is registered. If you have a Montana LLC that owns your trailer or RV, it will find your business name and address. Record search. Anyone can check the registration number and obtain the name and address of the person to whom the vehicle is registered. The privacy alone is worth the whole process.
- It's time to play with the rules the rich have made. Gaps, gaps, gaps. Our laws are written by people who have the money to buy lobbyists - people who basically buy and sell the laws they are interested in. The middle class is stuck with the rules that the rich wrote for themselves. After all, you have a loophole that you can exploit to reduce the cost of owning and motorhome.
- Data. If you own a trailer in your name, your name will be linked to the asset. Data aggregator companies will take your data from public records, tie you to a certain amount of assets, and sell your information on an ongoing basis so more companies can make offers to buy from you. If you are not a RV owner, you can prevent your name from being linked to the property and reduce the number of requests you would otherwise receive.
|trailer model||Cost||Sales tax (6%)||Savings of $849 at Montana LLC|
|before vost||$1.5 million||90,000 US dollars||89,151 US dollars|
|FS6 sale||700,000 US dollars||42,000 US dollars||41,151 US dollars|
|Trenażer Newell 2020, s. 50||$2.5 million||150,000 US dollars||US$149,151|
|Winnebago star||136,258 USD||8.175,48 USD||7,326 USD|
|Newmara Essexa||764,430 USD||45.865,80 USD||45,017 US dollars|
* All RVs with an original MSRP of $300,000 or more are now subject to the new $800 Montana Luxury Tax.
Frequently Asked Questions about MONTANA RV LLC
How long will it take to register a trailer in Montana?
If you use us, you place an order and your MT LLC will be formed the same day. You can then buy your RV on behalf of your LLC, within one day give us the title and we will get your license plates and registration and within one day we will refund everything to you.
Why is our Montana RV LLC different?
- We form your MT LLC without registering your names with MT SOS.
- We register your RV with the DMV without having to sign the DMV registration.
- We do not charge any additional fees for this. We consider it a scam if people try to charge more to protect privacy and assets when it's free once you understand how LLCs work.
- You will never sell extra stuff you don't need.
- We understand Montana LLC companies. That's all we do.
- Operating agreement, resolutions, adhesion certificates. It's all there. We do not charge additional fees.
- Montana LLC company address. Don't stay at the home address of your LLC RV.
Please see our MT RV LLC application form. There are no hidden fees or extras. There are several sites in Montana looking to get rich with high one-time fees. We take a different approach: do it right, do it right, do it for a fair price and your customers will come back and recommend you to someone else. Honestly, we get about 1-2 referrals a day from people who met one of our clients at a motorhome campsite. We also receive a steady stream of new clients who already own a Montana RV LLC and come to us for the cheapest registered agent service to maintain the LLC.
Why is a $49 Montana-Registered Agent Cheaper Than Any Other?
Does that mean we offer lower quality? Of course! See why we can offer you the best service at the lowest price:
- No additional sales. Other sites will try to offer you things like privacy and same day processing. Thanks to our knowledge and experience in creating limited liability companies, we know that by default we can ensure the security of your privacy. We will never try to take advantage of you using sophisticated terminology and obscene sales strategies.
- We are not lawyers. Don't let it scare you. We believe that using legal advice has many advantages. However, we also know that you may not need all the experience of a lawyer. You can pay over $2,000 to hire a Montana lawyer to give you all the advice you need. Or you can hire an MT LLC like ours for $849 that specializes in LLC formation. Whichever option you choose, PLEASE do not pay anything indirect for bad legal advice or an overpriced LLC formation service. It's just stupid. We can help you form an LLC, but we may not be able to help you due to your poor decision-making skills.
- We are process oriented people. We live and breathe logistics as if it were our job. Every day we process hundreds of legal documents and procedural documentation services for our registered agent clients… and we love it!
- We are actually here in the Big Sky State. Many sites that sell RV LLCs are people who own a domain name, get leads, and sell them to another dubious company. Or worse, they'll sue out of state and have to hire someone like us in Montana. It costs extra money. We're here, doing a better job… and cheaper!
- This is not a side show or weekend fun. Many lawyers practice law and treat such things as extra income. This is our full time job and we take customer satisfaction seriously.
849 USD Razem MT RV LLC
Will my name be registered with the Montana Secretary of State?
Not if you hire us. Your data is not shared publicly by MT SOS, MVD and DMV.
What happens if I have already purchased a trailer in my name?
Maybe we can fix it. After sending the purchase documents, we will prepare the documents to be signed, send them by e-mail, and you can send the signed originals back to us. This may delay the process a bit, but often this hurdle can be overcome.
How Do I Get Montana RV LLC Insurance?
Many insurers can write a policy for your Montana RV LLC. We recommend that you first contact your current insurer. We are also pleased to provide a list of suppliers where our customers have successfully insured their Montana-registered RVs.
Can I set up a Montana RV LLC with a lien on my RV?
You can set up a Montana RV LLC with a lien on your RV, but it probably won't do much good. If you have a lien or are financing pleasecall usbefore ordering.
Should I open a Montana RV LLC bank account?
Okay, moment of truth: this is one of the dumbest sales we've seen from the competition. There is absolutely no reason for a bank in Montana to open a bank account for you. In fact, we think that if someone tried to explain why they think you should do it, it would seem too shallow.
Here's another fact: you don't need an EIN to open a bank account in the name of your Montana LLC. Again, many Montana LLC service sites will sell this as an option to get more money from you. We personally don't think you should get an EIN and that it's actually not to your advantage. We see no problem with setting up a bank account for your company. It's not necessary, but it allows you to keep track of RV expenses and protect your name from additional records. But the process is much simpler than some companies think. Just head to your local bank and open a free LLC bank account with your Social Security number. Most small business bank accounts don't have a monthly fee and never charge you to open one, so don't let some dubious company convince you otherwise.
Should I get a Montana driver's license to register my trailer?
We definitely do not tolerate this. This is a blatant lie to Montana, which we are fundamentally opposed to. Why the hell would you ruin the process of legally forming a Montana LLC (and doing it perfectly legally in Montana) by lying to Montana about your personal residence? Montana also levies personal income tax, so it's a terrible state to settle in if you don't intend to live here. Mail forwarding services are available in Florida, Texas and South Dakota where there is no personal income tax and from what we understand special regulations have been put in place to cater for full time RV workers. In any case, there are no laws in Montana that allow you to lie about where you live and get a Montana driver's license if you don't live there.
Besides, there's really no reason to have it.
Do I need to check my trailer or RV to register it in Montana?
No, you usually don't need to inspect your RV or RV to register it in Montana.
Is it legal to buy a trailer or RV from Montana LLC?
The practice of buying a trailer from Montana LLC is widely accepted. It is perfectly legal in Montana, although it may not be in your home county. Buying a converted trailer, RV or van from Montana LLC is a very good option for people who do not declare their place of residence or live anywhere. Banning LLCs for the sole purpose of owning something and avoiding taxes would greatly disrupt the entire way corporations and LLCs operate.
Here is a great case where the Louisiana Supreme Court ruled that a Montana LLC could only be formed to avoid sales tax, and the Louisiana Department of Revenue failed to pierce the Montana LLC corporate veil. CheckMontana RV LLC decision in Louisiana.
Buying an RV with an MT LLC is a good option for those who live close to state lines where you can store your RV in a state where you don't live. Many counties have rules that go something like, "If you keep a trailer here for that many days, you must license it here." In most counties, this time limit is around six months.
The reality is that most of our customers don't care and will never have a problem. They have been hurt by laws that make the rich richer and the middle class poorer. They might think it's cool to finally play a fun game of tax evasion like rich people do... and we wouldn't hold it against them.
Which section of the Montana Code governs vehicle licensing?
Vehicle licensing in Montana is governed by Section 61 of the Montana Annotated Code.
This part of the code states that RV and RV owners pay a license fee instead of taxes. RV and RV owners in Montana pay the license fee based on the year, not the amount. The only exception to this rule is the local motor vehicle tax, which applies to almost every county…except ours. If you're looking for our competitor in Helena, Missoula, Billings, Bozeman, Great Falls, or basically anywhere other than Flathead County, they have about a 1% county option tax on a vehicle with a suggested retail value on the total purchase price of your vehicle. This can really come in handy if you have an expensive vehicle! Our Flathead County is one of the best funded counties and does not collect this tax. Using All Day $49 Montana Registered Agent LLC to form an LLC in our county for $300 will get you the cheapest ongoing DMV fees.
We hear stories of people who just want to buy an RV and enjoy their vacation or retirement, only to find out after purchasing that they can't even afford to license it in their home state. Some may think we're helping people avoid taxes and pay Uncle Same, but every day we feel honored to help retirees fulfill their dream of traveling the country and getting to know this great nation. When they go to buy a trailer for $200,000, they find out that it will cost $16,000 to register it and $8,000 a year to maintain it. When they hire us and find out it will only cost $849 to register and about $360 a year to maintain, they are thrilled. If those other states don't like people looking for solutions to avoid overpricing, they should become a little more competitive and step up their game like our great state of Montana.
What Are RV LLC Tax Implementations?
Montana levies taxes on personal property and income taxes. This means that if we buy a computer for our office for $1,000, we will pay 1.9% of the value of the computer each year on our personal property tax return. In addition, we also pay approximately 6.9% of the net income tax on profits from our Montana operations. If that wasn't enough, we also have our regular federal income tax.
The real purpose of what you think is simplicity, right? Therefore, if you ONLY own titled assets in a Montana LLC, you should not file a Montana or Flathead County commercial property tax return. Also… you will not have any net income tax for Montana or IRS for the company because you are not operating your Montana LLC to make money or earn income. Now these companies could have a zero rate of return every year, but that would be a nuisance. In the absence of activity, the worst case scenario is that you will need to submit several nil statements in the future. DO NOT obtain a tax identification number from the IRS for Montana RV LLC holding company. You just form a legal company in Montana (Montana LLC) to get your vehicle licensed. We believe that one of the most important things about doing this with us as a registered agent in Montana is that your address will be a business address, not a residence.
Out of the many thousands of our Montana RV LLC clients, we have never heard of a single client having to file a nil income tax return with Montana or the IRS. Some of our competitors will try to offer you the service of filing a Zero Income Tax Return or Notification of Non-Commercial Business with the MT Revenue Department. You don't need it and you're just selling unnecessary extras.
So how to start?
Here is a summary of how to get started creating an MT RV LLC:
- Hire us.
- We create your LLC inoneIs.
- We have sent instructions on how to purchase a trailer from LLC to your secure online account.
- Overnight, send us your title (or ask the seller to send it to you).
- We will register your RV or RV and ship the Montana license plates directly to you.
and this! That's the process! Pretty easy way to save literally thousands, right?